The next step is to prepare the material that will market your property. We will give you honest, well-informed advice on the best way to sell your property, and we will create a marketing strategy for you. Professional photography can be taken of your home and floor plans created.
Your home will be placed on the LHJ website and is also linked to Rightmove.co.uk, Zoopla.co.uk, primelocation.com, UK land and farms giving you even wider advertising coverage and maximum exposure. You will need an EPC and we can arrange this for you.
Give your agent other useful documents and facts about your property, which they can mention to potential buyers, such as:
- Utility, Council tax, buildings and contents insurance bills – so potential buyers can estimate running costs.
- Service charges and ground rent bills (for flats).
- Gas and electrical certificate checks, Building regulations certificates.
- Plans of property if you have land.
Preparing the house ready for Viewings
Staging your property well can maximise offers received. Remember you are best advised to fix those little snagging things and keep it clean! Light a fire; bake bread; put up a mirror; take the dog out for a walk; get rid of bad odours! If possible be out of the house for viewings and leave it to the experts!
- Freshen up any rooms with a lick of paint or a new carpet!
- Consider steam cleaning tiling to lift bathrooms and kitchens!
- Does the room have an identity and show off the size of the accommodation: You could consider decluttering any excess furniture – a few trips down to the local tip on the weekend for unwanted items you no longer use or list on social media sale groups?
- Consider its “kerb appeal”; the first thing potential buyers will see before they even get past the front door. Does the front of your house need smartening up?
- Could the front garden be tidier?
- Would the front door look better with a fresh lick of paint?
- Could the front windows do with a clean?
And…. do take feedback on board – if all the feedback from viewings points towards a particular issue it best do something about it.